Pass me the Gelatos, love



Is it really August already?! Where has the year gone...

This past Saturday I had the absolute pleasure of visiting the Craftwrok Cards factory and meeting the rest of the Design Team Members as this was our first get together. It was amazing and I am still buzzing with excitement from it all! 



I finally got my hands on the Toile De Jouy Jet collection from Craftwork Cards and this is the first chance I've had to open it up and create something with it.

Having seen quite a few cards made with lush golds and yellows I wanted to do something a little different for my first make. 

So out came the Gelatos. Now, I've never used these before and they were great fun to work with. I coloured in the entire 8x8 sheet to begin with, which did take a little time, maybe 30 mins as I went over some of the images multiple times for a little depth in colour. 



Having trimmed the 8 x 8 sheet down to 5.75 x 5.75 to form my card background then used the leftover 2+ inch strips to cut out a few of the flowers to add to the card front. On these flowers, a paper towel was used multiple times to get a nice blotted effect.


Laying vellum over the entire image ensured the focal point was on the cut flowers and not the background.

Cutting out a one inch strip of watercolour card, I embossed a Happy Birthday sentiment (Craftwork Cards Boutique Floral stamp set) with pastel shades three times in 3 different colours then brushing the lightest blue colour wash over it. To finish the card, I added three clear drops on to the vellum.

This is what the finished product looked like after approx 40 mins.



I hope you like my card and this new collection from Carftwork Cards is lovely and you can find it here

As always, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Crafting really has become my obsessive hobby! :) 

Have a great week! 

Jennifer xx




2 Comments

  1. Oh wow Jennifer your card is gorgeous I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie - I'm so glad you liked it. I had a lot of fun with the Gelatos and will definitely be using them again. Thanks again.
      Jennifer xx

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top