See it, scene it, kraft it, Stamp It! get it, got it, good!

TGIF!! 
Craftwork Cards have recently released a really cool add-on kit - russet kraft crates and I’ve been having some fun with them.
There is plenty of inspiration on Pinterest for these lovely crates here. I didn't want to do the normal build a crate so came up with a few ideas 
Topper crate
These little crates only take a minute or two to put together. You can use red super sticky tape, strong wet glue or hot glue (which I used). I made up a plain kraft one, another one I stamped with a wooden background stamp and white chalk ink, and various colours of glitter.

I decided to use one of the crates as a topper storage/holder, it holds absolutely loads of toppers and the perfect size to boot! Now, anytime I need a topper, I can reach for that little crate on my desk. Having the toppers accessible means they’re a continuous source of inspiration instead of tucked away in a box somewhere. High fives all around if you’re already doing this- I love the idea!

Christmas Crate
Time for mega sparkle with some Tonic Nuvo gold glitter. Now, glitter can be a bit of a pain but I use cosmic shimmer wet glue and leave it to set overnight. if you try and shake off too soon you end up in a right glittery mess. 

Flicking through my toppers, an idea blossomed using Craftwork Cards Christmas Cheer Collection.

I started making up mini boxes with papers from the Christmas Cheer 8 x 8 pad, sentiments and flowers. I then used Candi and a little ribbon to complete this kooky Christmas crate and mini parcel project. You could even wrap up small gifts and use as alternative Christmas Crackers if you wanted to. 

As well as constructing mini boxes, I also designed a small 4 x 4 Christmas card which completes this set and would make a gorgeous table display or gift for someone. 

Halloween Scene

Once Christmas was finished, I thought to myself…erm, hello, it’s Halloween! So I went about creating a really fun project. I stamped a crate with white chalk ink using the wood stamp which comes in this set. I then lined the inside of the crate with CWC papers – any will do but I used Rustic Romance.

Grabbing a few mason jars from my kitchen, I wrapped them with white gauze and stuck googly eyes on the front – voila! Halloween is here…


Taking some sweets, I filled the little crate up with lots of Halloween goodies. Even the mummy jars were impressed! 

Baby mummy looks on greedily at the blackcurrant lolly!

To finish off my Halloween scene, I laid out spider web string, some eyeball chocolates and and a twiggy pumpkin.

I hope you’ve enjoyed my alternative take on these lovely kraft crates and that it sparks your imagination when creating your own scenes. Why not get the children involved this weekend and have a stab at making something fun. 
Until next time, stay calm and craft on!
Lots of love
Jennifer x 

4 Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer your creations are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie. I think you're the only one who ever reads my blogs lol xx

      Delete
  2. Stunning boxes and love the Christmas ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Katie.
      I really appreciate you coming by! I also love the Christmas box and this is going to feature on our table instead of crackers this year - something a little different. x

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top