Have A Little Faith With Tonic

Hola and TGIF! I'm delighted to share three cards using the Sun Ray Scene from of the 'Faith Die Sets' Tonic Studios released last year. How many of us buy dies, use them once or twice and then forget about them? It may not be from the newest collection, but let's not forget about the dies we already have either - this one is particularly fabulous! 

My first card I'm calling 'Hello Sunshine'! All the elements were die cut from watercolour card and coloured with Tonics new Aqua Flow Pens. These pens are absolutely amazing and a little goes a long way. They blended beautifully on my card and also on the Miniature moments 'Hello' sentiment.  I finished this part with the Aqua Flow Glitter Gloss because it's a sunburst and meant to sparkle! 
The next part of my card I heat embossed onto watercolour card using Marmalade, from Marmalade's World Stamp set and Accessory Set  2 for the bow. Getting out the Aqua Flow Pens again it was all coloured in. 
The card itself is a double aperture so goes through both front and back as the light catches the sun rays in different ways for some neat effects. I finished off by using hessian ribbon and quickly cut out and hand rolled the centre rose to complete. 
My next card is just using the centre parts of the same Sun Ray Die and Hello sentiment but this time I cut into black cardstock. I also used Carribean Novo Drops and Nuvo Turquoise Glitter for a completely different look and feel to my first card.
My final card is more traditional, with a few extras. I decided to use some of the new Nuvo Mousse mixed with a little water to sprinkle on my backdrop (Pacific Teal, Cornflower Blue, Powder Blue). I also die cut flowers from Beautiful Blooms, the Rococo Laura Butterfly die and the Memories sentiment from the Inspirations 1 set. Now, you may have seen the newest release - the Window Dies. This would have a similar effect but I had to make mine the old fashioned way. The memories sentiment does fold flat as there is a little slit under one of the flowers - but you can now do this with ease if you have the new dies!
I'd love to see you dig out some of your older dies; they never go out of fashion and you could incorporate new techniques or collections for a completely different look! Have a lovely weekend and I'll be back in the next couple weeks with a really fun and easy floral home decor project. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog post today and many thanks to Tonic Studios for having faith in me. 
Tonic Materials: 
Inspirations 1 Sentiments - Die Set (used Memories) - 367E

Lots of Love
Jennifer xx

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top