Tonic Studios Craft Essentials Kit Issue 3



Hello there! My blog post is a little different today as the projects I'm sharing are from Tonic Studios Craft Essentials Kit Issue 3, which was out some time ago. I've been patiently waiting to share them.

This is my second time being published and really want to thank all my friends a Tonic Studios for the opportunity.


My brief was challenging as I didn't get to use any of the dies or embossing folder, rather I was to concentrate on using the toppers and papers in different ways with a blue/teal colourway. But I love Tonic and I love a challenge...but can I pull it off...

Project 1- Herringbone Card
The herringbone card is surprisingly easy to create with half inch wide strips of card. I used a variety materials from the magazine - papers, stamps, toppers and sentiments. I then added some Tonic Studios Glitter Sheen and Nuvo Crystal Drops. I handmade a quick white envelope to match with some Glitter Sheen and a sentiment cut out from one of the papers in the magazine. 
Project 2 - Gift Card
Loved this idea as it's so different to the cards and tags you see when giving people money or gift cards and I used sentiments and elements from the magazine, plus Nuvo Glitter Sheen. 
Turn over and use papers/sentiments from the magazine. Use a fuse tool to create a clear pocket, sealing 3 sides. Stick your card inside and add some sequins and seal up. The recipient will need to cut this open and I think it adds to the fun of receiving something handmade. 
Project 3 - A2 Box of Cards
My next project was an A2 box to house some Christmas cards. If you want instructions on how to create the box, you can visit another tutorial I did here.
Once I'd finished the box, it didn't feel complete so I whipped up four cards to pop inside using the magazine papers and sentiments, plus some Nuvo Crystal Drops. Nothing fancy, all flat and as this was for a magazine, a bit of a bonus! 
Project 4 - Aperture Card
This is a three sided aperture card put together using the magazine papers and toppers. I have a tutorial on this coming out Tuesday so will link that here then. 
 Once again I used the Nuvo Glitter Sheen alongside toppers and elements from the magazine for this side. Unfortunately, I never took a picture of side three and I have no idea why! But you can see it in the magazine if you bought it. Doh!
Project 5 - Faux Book Diorama
This was my final project, my Pièce de résistance! The front photo is quite deceiving as to what is actually involved in designing this. You can find my tutorial on the construction of the faux book box here.

The mini card held in place by the bellyband is actually stitched with a sewing machine, although I pierced it without thread as I didn't want to ruin it. I then went over the marks with a black Wink of Stella Pen and it turned out ok. 
Here I have taken off the bellyband so you can see all three elements from the front view. We still haven't given much away, have we? ;) 
 The mini card on the front is where you can add your own message and think it adds something special to the overall project. This little card is three inches by four inches so a great size card, even on it's own! 
Inside the faux book box is beautiful Christmas Scene using paper elements and stamps from the magazine. I added the moon with a circle die and distressed the edges to match the papers. I also used Nuvo Gloss Drops and Glitter Accents on all six layers inside (there really is 6 layers). 
And that, my friends is the last of the projects. So, what did you think? Do you have a favourite? Mine is a tie between the Herringbone Card and the Faux Book Box.
You can find me in here: 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog
Lots of love and hugs
Jennifer x 








0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top