Ahoy Matey!



Ahoy matey! Today I have a great project to share with you using the new Dressables Dies by Tonic Studios. These little chaps and chapesses are so adorable and you can make just about anyone. 
The Collection is called Essentials Dressables
Tonic Materials: 
Tangerine
A3 Glass Mat
Nuvo Ink Pad - Black Shadow
Dressables Essentials
Dressables Boys' Outfits
Dressables Girls' Outfits (the starfish, earring and tiara)
Dressables Extras - Stamp Set
Essentials - Ribbon and Bow Layering Die Set
Rococo Petite - Layered Cloud Die Set
Essentials - Banner Die & Stamp Set, Party Time (only used stamp)
Craft Perfect - Buttermilk Yellow, Bright White, Chilli Red, Chocolate Brown, Cornflower Blue, Pewter Grey, Hand Made Mermaids Tail Specialty Paper, Ultra Smooth Media Card, Brown Kraft Card, Honey Gold Satin Mirror Card, 
Craft Perfect Black and White Twine
Nuvo Alcohol Pens: Black for the stripes on the shirt and low-lights in hair, Fair Skin Tones for faces and bodies, Rosy Pinks for lips, Sunshine Yellows for hair. 
Nuvo Gilding Flakes - Radiant Gold (for the pirate earring)
Nuvo Embellishment Mouse - Gun Metal Grey (for the gun and sword)

Like any of my detailed or large projects, I start off by making sure it works! I popped together an origami boat with some 12x12 cardstock and a quick body before I felt happy to proceed...
Now die cut all the characters, colouring and assembling (I did end up changing the earring from silver to Honey Gold).
 There is black alcohol marker added to the hair for some low-lights.
The characters take an age to build but you don't want to rush it - if you do, you may ruin your little people like I did and ended up having to remake 10! But this is the life of a crafter and we must never give up. 
This was my original idea - a freestanding pirate boat. The boat is origami and stands at nearly 9 inches with everything fully assembled! It's perfect for a children's party centre piece! 
However, when we make samples (as this one was made for Tonic Studios) - we must bear in mind the multiple packing and unpacking our projects endure and so I reluctantly decided to pop this on a card base. It won't have the same effect, but needs must. 
Some of the detail
Draw black lines with an alcohol pen
Gun Metal Grey Embellishment Mousse over a white sword
Die cut a felt starfish
Make a banner out of black card (hand cut), add die cut skull and use black and white twine for a feature. 
Here you can see the 3rd pirate holding the twine and the other end of the skull banner. The gun is die cut in black with gen metal embellishment mousse over it. I used a piece of the tiara in the Girls' Outfits and cut to make a belt sash in honey gold. 
Lastly, I made an easel card with the  Ribbons and Bows Essential Layering Die Set as I didn't think the boat would make the voyage in one piece ;) I added some clouds and hand made papers for a sea, sand sand sun effect. 
Although my finished project isn't exactly what I intended, it'll do! I had a lot of fun constructing my origami boat and pirates and wonder if you like them too? 

Let me know what you think and and as always, have a fabulous day. 

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges: 

Lots of love and hugs

Jennifer xx

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top