Watercolour Brush Pens Swatch Comparison


Hi there!
This is going to be a long post BUT it will be filled with a ton of information, links and a YouTube video.
My friend Debs gave me the heads up on some new pens she'd found. I was interested and on a whim, went and bought the large set. So now I have three sets of brush pens and I wanted to see how they compared.
My YouTube Video is HERE:

I switched on my camera and filmed my comparison, as well as making up these swatches.
Brush Pens

  • Kuretake Zig Clean Color Brush Pens
  • Chromatek Watercolor Brush Pens
  • Sakura Koi Watercolor Brush Pens
The Nibs
Left to right -
Kuretake, Chromate, Sakura Koi
Paper
  • Craft UK 300gsm Card
  • Goldline Watercolour Pad, Cold Pressed 200gsm
  • Chromatek Professional Watercolor Paper, Cold Pressed 300gsm
  • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper 90lb, 185gsm
  • Bockingford Watercolour Hot Pressed Smooth 300gsm 

The Swatches
Craft UK
Goldline
Chromatek
Canson
Bockingford
I am genuinely pleased with all my pens and cardstock and it's nice to have something to refer to when using pens on certain paper. The price point for the pens are quite different.
You may find these at different prices at other shops but these are at Amazon with free shipping. 
  1. Kuretake 24 set - £32.20
  2. Chromtek 54 set - £29.99
  3. Sakura Koi 24 -£35.85
I am incredibly satisfied with the inexpensive pens and I'm excited to use them more in my crafting. 
There are some exrtas you get with the Chromatek set. 

  1. The 54 piece set is 50 colour pens, 4 water brushes and a blank a4 watercolour pad of 15 sheets. 
  2. There is also a 28 Watercolor Brush Pens With 12 Page Professional Tutorial Pad & 7 Part Video Tutorial Series. Tutorial Pad - cold pressed, acid free, 300gsm watercolor paper. INCLUDED with every set. Highly structured learning system to take you through the basics of watercolor painting and develop your skills fast
I've bought the Tutorial Pad (which is sold out now) and here is my own work when following the tutorial. It's not perfect and there is even a smudge at the bottom but I wanted to show you what the Chromatek watercolor tutorial pad looks like and my using the Chromatek pens following the YouTube Video available. 
Thank you for working your way through my post and all the supplies are listed below for your convenience.
Lots of love and have a great week! 
Shopping

1 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top