Detailed Watercolor using Altenew Watercoloring Color Book

Toda y I'm sharing a detailed watercolor using the Altenew Watercoloring Color Book. Every Monday in May I'm sharing a different image and technique and this is project three. 
I’ll be the first to admit I’m not highly skilled with traditional watercolors and In fact, I only own a small 12 half pan set, which I’ve used today on my project.
I selected an image where lots of detail and depth could be added and started out with a very light base colors using a wet on wet technique. 
There is a cool and warm of each color in my small 12 pan set of watercolors and I started out with a light cool wash. Once it had dry, I decided to add the warmer tones for a rich, color saturated image. I often change my mind when I'm crafting - that's part of the fun! If you wanted a very loose, simple watercolor you could actually finish the card after the initial three steps. 
I continue to add color with a wet on dry technique, allowing each layer to dry. Once the image was finished, I began to drag a little color out from the leaves, adding more color until it embraced the image in a wonderful hug of greens. At this point we have a beautiful 5 x 7 watercolor image and I could have stopped here. However, this was going to be made into a card so was set aside to dry for 20 minutes. 
Once completely dry, I added some white ink splatter, followed by green and finally a little brown. 
I often find it difficult to find the perfect sentiment. I  wanted to keep as much of the image visible so opted for a very small Altenew sentiment and a Tonic Studios Love sentiment, the fonts work well together. 
To finish my card, I added some gorgeous buttercup sequins, added the sentiments onto foam pads and adhered to my panel, and mounted it into an A2 black card bass. The black base really brings the image alive and makes it pop
Although this card isn't perfect, it is beautiful because of it's imperfections. I could have spend many more hours on this, tidying up the lined, blending more, but sometimes you have to say enough is enough and to just be happy with what you've created. 

I hope you're enjoying my series with the Altenew Watercolor Coloring Book so far and this weeks project has sparked your creativity. Thanks for joining me today and I'll be back next Monday with another project using this amazing book. 

Have a great week and I'll see you soon! 

Lots of love, 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top