5x7 Full Front Easter Shaker Card


Oscar Wilde said, "a flower blossoms for its own joy".

Hello and happy day to you! The weather is still pretty cold here in England, but I'm channeling all my Spring thoughts into cardmaking at the moment.

Cardmaking also brings us joy. The joy of craft is meaningful for people all over the world, myself included. There are many reasons to pick up papercrafting as a hobby, one of them may be for relaxation and quiet time. I had some unsettling news last week, and it's more important than ever to find a way to relax and unwind. For me, that's cardmaking, and today I have a full front shaker project!

PRODUCT LIST

5"x7" Full Front Shaker Card

  • Die cut the leaves with watercolor card and ink them up using, Spun Sugar, Antique Linen, and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxides. Leave the tips of the leaves white. 
  • Use the Paper Glaze Luze Arctic Fox on all your leaves. Heat set or allow to dry naturally. 

  • Whilst the leaves are drying, ink through the 6x8 Polka Dot stencil on a 5x7 Rectangle Panel with the same Distress Oxide Inks as above. Also, ink up a small piece of watercolor card with the same colors then die cut the word Joy out of it. Also, die cut a black Joy word and set it aside.  
  • Place the dried leaves on top of the polka dot rectangle panel and glue them down. Trim off any excess. 

  • Stamp out the Easter sentiment, then trim to size. 
  • Die cut the 5x7 Full Front Shaker Creator die with Shaker Sheets. Attach 3 sides with double sided tape on the back of your finished panel. Add both sequin mixes, and then adhere down the last side of your shaker card. 
  • Glue the inked-up 'Joy' to the top of the black 'joy' word die, and then add both sentiments to the front of your shaker panel. 
  • Attach the completed panel to a 5x7 Card base.

This is the vesion with the Arctic Fox Luxe over the Joy Word die
Isn't this cool! And easy! I love that I now have two Easter cards, fun and flat for mailing with ease. 

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I'll be back soon with a brilliant Hero Arts MMH Project and Instagram Hop! 

Lots of love and hugs, 
Jen 

CLICK HERE FOR FULL PRODUCT LIST
(Some links I use are affiliated. There is no extra cost to you, but it means I make a small commission when you shop through my links.)

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)

back to top